Three students at commencement wearing cap an gowns

IRA Charitable Rollovers

IRA Charitable Rollovers have become a popular way to give.

If you are 70 ½ years of age or older and have a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can use your required minimum distribution to give to D’Youville through an IRA Charitable Rollover gift.

Ready to get started? Learn more about how IRA giving can impact you and complete your gift in 10 minutes or less with this free tool.

Alternatively, you or your financial advisors can reach out to Kimberly Pietro at for guidance.

Retirement Plans: IRAs, 401(K), 403(B)

Retirement plans like IRAs, 401(K), 403(B) and other retirement accounts grow tax deferred, often becoming quite large over the years. Unlike many other types of investments, funds withdrawn from retirement accounts can be taxable to you and, eventually, to your heirs. Designating D’Youville University as the beneficiary of your retirement account may be a very tax savvy thing to do. Retirement accounts left to D’Youville are removed from your estate for federal estate tax purposes. Plus, there is no income-tax assessed against your estate or your heirs when the funds are transferred to D’Youville, allowing you to avoid multiple taxes.